Twenty- Two

It's July now, and with July comes my birthday! As of last weekend, I am officially twenty- two. I had a fabulous weekend. I got to spend Friday with my closest friends over the Sonora Pass in Bodie State Park. It was a beautiful drive, yet kind of scary too. Rhonda the Honda doesn't have much guts it turns out and making it up and over the pass was a bit of a challenge. We made it though and got to walk around seeing all of the awesome artifacts and old buildings of the ghost town. Afterwards we went to Travertine Hot Springs and got a free show by some nude hippies enjoying the springs. Needless to say, we didn't stay very long. We went to dinner at the Sportsman in Bridgeport before heading back over the pass into the sunset. It was so beautiful. It had been a while since I have seen such beautiful sights and I can't wait to go back up there soon to hike around or camp or something. When we got back from our day trip, my friends Micenley, Marissa and I went night swimming until midnight for a countdown to my birthday.
On Saturday, my actual birthday my sister took me to lunch at the Cheesy Winer, which I have been wanting to go there for a while now. It was so delicious and I can't wait to go back and eat there again. Then we did a little bit of shopping for some dresses and shoes. We decided to go out to dinner at the Standard Pour. That was also delicious and was a good time. After dinner Mic had to leave because he had to get back to base in Texas. It was sad to see him go, but he'll be back soon. Hopefully this next year goes by fast. After dinner Marissa, my cousin Sonny and I met up with Heather and Dave at the truck pulls. We had some beers, had fun, and watched some crazy pulls until it ended and we got food and watched the band. I had a  great birthday, and if this is any indication of how July is going to go, I am excited for what the rest of the month has in store. The fourth was fun too, I spent that at Mic's house bbqing and swimming. Come to think of it I think that I spent everyday over there these past two weeks. Now I don't know what I am going to do, ha ha.
This weekend is my sister's bachelorette party in San Fransisco and then the next week we're going to the Matchbox Twenty concert at Ironestone. I can't wait to see them, they're one of my all-time favorite bands.
I am so happy with how my life has been going so far this month and I am excited to keep making more memories this next year of my life. Here's to TWENTY-TWO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Advantage

New Year, New Adventures

Growing Pains