Anxious Autumn

You know, everyone always says that at some point you have to fly the nest. I feel as though I've already done that, but I guess on a lot less of a incline.. It was really more of a fall out of a five foot tree, if that. Now that I am preparing to fly the nest all the way to Arizona, that's a total different story. I've never really had to fly so far and be totally on my own like I am about to be. I am about to embark on an adventure fit for a full grown adult bird.
I know it may seem kind of weird that I keep comparing myself to a bird, but somehow it makes sense. I feel like a Canadian Goose about to fly south for the winter.. except it's not winter and I am really just going to college.
I have had all summer to prepare for this, both mentally and with getting all my stuff* together. Now that summer for me has but two measly weeks left, the reality of how ill-prepared I feel is setting in and I can't lie, I am starting to freak out a bit. I have to pack up my car and drive 12 hours to a place I have never even been and basically start a new life out there in the desert. It's going to be hot and I know I will be homesick, but I also know that this is what I want and what is going to be the best for me at this moment in time.
So I just have to tell myself, a bird doesn't know where he's going or where he will end up, he just follows his instinct and trusts that everything will be alright. So here's to being a bird and trusting that it's all in my plan.

Comments

  1. The thing with birds is that they have an instinct built in by the ONE who created them. Baby bird have to fly to get strong, they migrate to test their wings and they return to the place of origin to start their families. So go for it Girl!!!! You have flown some short trips, now you're ready for a long one... Don't ever forget where you come from and trust the maker for your directions. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Showcase vs. Modest Mentality and Me

Taking Advantage